Are the showers open at the Pinery?
When visiting the Woodlot or park store, please only send one member of your party and adhere to physical distancing signage. The Visitor Centre and Friends of Pinery Park Store remain closed at this time. 🌳 Showers facilities will be open at a reduced capacity this season.
How far is Grand Bend beach from Pinery Provincial park?
A+ Camping by the Beach – avoid the crowds of the Bend! Location: About 10km from Grand Bend’s main strip ~10min drive no traffic but when the street is backed up with the summer crowds can be upwards to 30-60min waiting time. There is only one road that goes from the Pinery into Grand Bend and it gets very busy!
What is there to do in Pinery Provincial park?
Things to Do near Pinery Provincial Park
- Speciality Museums. Lambton Heritage Museum.
- Performances. Huron Country Playhouse.
- Beaches. Grand Bend Beach.
- Bar, Club & Pub Tours. Wave Limo and Tours.
- Fishing Charters & Tours. Grand Bend Fishing Charters.
- Flea & Street Markets.
- Parasailing & Paragliding.
- Gift & Speciality Shops.
Does Pinery have roaches?
– Pinery Provincial Park. “I saw some comments about cockroaches at sites last year. One other thing to consider: these are wood roaches, not domestic pests. Even if one or two manage to hitch a ride home, it’ll be a temporary annoyance.
How do I get a free Ontario park pass?
How to obtain a daily vehicle permit for one of the participating parks
- Online at reservations.ontarioparks.com.
- By phone by calling 1-888-ONT-PARK (1-888-668-7275) – Open daily from 7:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. Eastern Time.
What to do in Pinery Provincial Park in Ontario?
If you like a woodland setting, near the sandy beach (Lake Huron) protected sand dunes and multiple recreational opportunities included hiking, biking, canoeing and relaxing at the campfire, this is the place for you. Very difficult to get a summer site but after labour day…
Is there a beach on Lake Huron in Pinery?
No precipitation expected in the next 3 hours. Visitors to Pinery Provincial Park can swim at the 10km long beach located along the shores of Lake Huron. This sand and gravel beach offers shallow water for swimmers but there are no buoyed areas. There are no change facilities.
Which is the best beach in Pinery Park?
Beach: The Pinery has a ten-kilometre long beach with beautiful fine sand and colourful stones scattered throughout the sand. The water is quite shallow at the beach and is excellent for children. Please note that the beach is not buoyed and children must be supervised at all times.
Which is the best Provincial Park in Ontario?
Pinery Provincial Park has my favourite beach in the Ontario Parks system. Although the beach is the main draw, there are plenty of other activities at The Pinery. Here is a summary of what this park has to offer: Environment: The Pinery is located in southwestern Ontario, near Grand Bend.