Does Plex work with Synology?
Synology NAS models like the DS220+ and DS1019+ already come packing Synology’s packages (or apps) that can handle streaming to devices and whatnot. Still, to make things easier and more visually appealing, you can opt to use Plex.
Can you connect Synology to TV?
A Synology NAS (Network Attached Storage) is the way to go. Because your smart TV is also connected to your network, it can see your NAS, and vice versa. If your smart TV has a WiFi controller, then you can do all of this wirelessly.
Which NAS is best for Plex?
Best NAS for Plex 2021
- Best overall: Synology DiskStation DS220+
- Best for 4K: Synology DiskStation DS920+
- Best for connectivity: Asustor AS5202T.
- Best four-bay connectivity: Asustor AS5304T.
- Best entry-level Plex NAS: Synology DiskStation DS220j.
- Best value: TerraMaster F2-221.
- Best four-bay value: QNAP TS-451+
How do I stream my NAS to my TV?
The easiest way is to use an HDMI cable which connects to the NAS drive’s HDMI Out port to one the TV’s HDMI in ports. The great thing here is that your TV doesn’t have to be Smart TV, only it should have at least one HDMI port. However, NOT all NAS drives come with HDMI ports built-in.
How do I connect my Synology NAS to my Samsung Smart TV?
After installing DS video on your Samsung Smart TV, you need to sign in to access your Synology NAS:
- On the sign-in page, enter your: Synology NAS IP: Open a browser and enter find.synology.com in the address bar.
- After you have successfully signed in to DS video, the function menu will be displayed on your Smart TV.
Is NAS fast enough for Plex?
Then the DiskStation DS220j is the best option for you. The NAS has two drive bays and features the Realtek RTD1296 along with 512MB of RAM, a Gigabit Ethernet port, and two USB 3.0 ports. It may not be the fastest NAS around, but it runs Plex fine and streams content to your devices without any issues.