How cold is it in Iceland in November?
November is characterized by a gradual decrease in temperature. The average high temperature is 4 degrees Celsius (40 F), with the (average) highest temperature on November 1st, only reaching slightly above 5 degrees Celsius (41 F). The month ends with an average low of 3 degrees Celsius (38F).
Are there Northern Lights in Iceland in November?
Visiting Iceland in November does give you a higher chance of seeing the Northern Lights and this is why many people plan their trips at this time of year! Winter is the best time to see the Northern Lights in Iceland because it stays dark for so long.
Is it windy in Iceland in November?
The average hourly wind speed in Reykjavík is increasing during November, increasing from 12.6 miles per hour to 14.0 miles per hour over the course of the month.
What is the coldest month in Iceland?
Fast Climate Facts
- Hottest Month: July (57 F / 14 C)
- Coldest Month: January and February (36 F / 2 C)
- Wettest Month: September (4.6 inches)
Is it worth going to Iceland in November?
November is a fantastic month to visit Iceland. It might be colder but it is the perfect month to skip the high season crowds and see the beautiful colorful Northern Lights and see some of the greatest music acts Iceland has.
How do people dress in Iceland in November?
What to wear and what to pack for Iceland in winter
- Waterproof winter jacket. Waterproof and windproof winter jacket.
- Thermal underwear. Thermal underwear is a must in Iceland in winter.
- Wool or fleece sweaters.
- Waterproof winter pants.
- Wool socks.
- Waterproof winter boots.
- Ice cleats.
- Waterproof gloves, winter hat, and a scarf.
Do and don’ts in Iceland?
This is our do’s and don’ts guide with tons of travel tips for conscious travel to Iceland.
- Do’s. Please be considerate and mindful of the locals. Be open-minded and don’t yuck their yum. Rent a car!
- Don’t. Do not be an ugly tourist and stay safe. DO NOT hike glaciers without a guide. Don’t assume their horses are ponies.
Can you wear jeans in Iceland?
Yes, you can wear jeans in Iceland. The summer and shoulder season are especially good times to travel in your most comfortable pair.
Will there be snow in Reykjavik in November?
Golden circle and northern lights tours will be on in November. Reykjavik isn´t really known for its snow. Yes, we get snow, but nothing like in the north. You are more likely to see rain than a lot of snow in Reykjavik in November.
What should you not wear in Iceland?
What Not to Wear in Iceland
- Light layers. Iceland’s climate is actually milder than you’d expect, considering its location in the Arctic circle.
- Non–waterproof coats and jackets. Do not wear jackets and coats that will not protect you from the rain.
- Thin socks.
- Slippery shoes.
- Fancy clothing.
What should you avoid in Iceland?
What NOT to Do in Iceland: Tourist Traps and Stuff to Avoid
- Don’t do things just because everyone else is doing it.
- Don’t assume that everything you’ll do in Iceland will be expensive.
- Don’t tip.
- Don’t buy bottled water.
- Don’t expect that you can see everything during your stay.
- Don’t get speeding tickets!
Is Reykjavik safe at night?
Because Reykjavik has a relatively small population, it is considered one of the safest places to visit, especially at night. According to data from 2020, Reykjavik only had a 22.22% crime rate (per every 100,000 residents), ranking it as one of the safest capital cities in the world.