How do I fix error code 17002?
Listed are the steps that could rectify the error:
- Press Windows + R.
- Type services. msc and strike Enter.
- Find all services starting with ora start these services and wait!!
- When your server specific service is initialized (in my case it was orcl )
- Now run mysql or whatever you are using and start coding. P.
What is error occured SQL error code 17002?
Vendor code 17002. Answer: In your case the “Vendor code 17002” is the equivalent of the ORA-12541 error: It’s most likely that your listener is down, or has an improper port or service name. From the docs: ORA-12541: TNS no listener. Cause: Listener for the source repository has not been started.
How do I connect to SQL Developer Tools?
The Oracle SQL Developer home page displays….Configure Oracle SQL Developer Cloud Connection
- Connection Name – Enter the name for this cloud connection.
- Username – Enter the database username .
- Password – Enter the Password required during sign in when accessing Exadata Express.
- Connection Type – Select Cloud PDB.
How do I fix ORA 12505 error in SQL Developer?
And I solved it by using SERVICE NAME (an alias) instead of SID:
- Open file tnsnames.ora from your ORACLE_HOME folder. In case you don’t know its location, do the following steps.
- In tnsnames.ora file, look for the line which contains the SERVICE_NAME.
- Select Service name and type above name, TEST success and you’ve done!
How do I start TNS listener?
Do the following:
- Log on to the host where the Oracle database resides.
- Change to the following directory: Solaris: Oracle_HOME/bin. Windows: Oracle_HOME\bin.
- To start the listener service, type the following command: Solaris: lsnrctl START. Windows: LSNRCTL.
- Repeat step 3 to verify that the TNS listener is running.
How do I fix the network adapter problem in SQL Developer?
ora file check for Host and Port entry in Listener tag for valid hostname and port number. And if you are using TNSnames. ora file for validating the hostname and port number then search for the entry which has the same name as your SID and then check for host and port number entry in that particular tag.
Can’t establish a connection to the database?
The ‘Error establishing a database connection’ issue can be caused by incorrect database information in your WordPress settings, corrupt database, or an irresponsive database server. A database is a software which makes it easy to store, organize, and retrieve data into other software. Database password. Database …
How do I get SQL command line?
To start SQL Command Line from the desktop and connect locally:
- Do one of the following: On Windows: Click Start, point to Programs (or All Programs), point to Oracle Database 10g Express Edition, and then select Run SQL Command Line.
- At the SQL Command Line prompt, enter the following command: CONNECT username/password.
How do I connect to a SQL database?
Step 3: Connect to your database using SSMS
- Launch Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio.
- The Server type should be Database Engine.
- Enter the server name (see above)
- Authentication is SQL Server Authentication.
- Enter your database username (see above)
- Enter your database password (see above)
- Click Connect.
How do I check SQL Developer listener status?
To view information about the listener at the command line:
- Open a command window.
- Follow the steps listed in “Configuring the Operating System Environment Variables .”
- Enter the following command: lsnrctl status.
How do I start OracleServiceXE?
From the Start menu, enter services. msc in the search field and press Enter. Locate the OracleServiceXE service in the Services window. Right-click the service name, and from the menu, select Start or Stop.
What does vendor code 17002 mean in SQL Developer?
Question: I was trying to connect to Oracle through SQL developer, and I see this error. Answer: In your case the “Vendor code 17002” is the equivalent of the ORA-12541 error: It’s most likely that your listener is down, or has an improper port or service name. From the docs:
What is the cause of Oracle error 17002?
But the error can also be caused by e.g. incompatible jar files. In my case, however, I was trying to access a 11g R2 instance from SQL Developer and during initial setup everything had worked.
How to change the default hostname in SQL Developer?
My solution is to make sure the hostname in tnsnames.ora (usually it’s not “localhost”) and the default hostname in sql developer (usually it’s “localhost”) same. You can either do this by changing it in the tnsnames.ora, or filling up the same in the sql developer.