How do I get advanced readers to copy?
How to Get Advanced Copies of Books
- Be a book blogger/grammer/tuber. The best way to get ARCs is if you have a platform of some sort from which to talk about them.
- Have a presence on Goodreads and Amazon as a reviewer.
- Request from Edelweiss or NetGalley.
- Goodreads giveaways.
- Reach out directly to publishers.
What is the purpose of an advanced reader copy?
Definition & Examples of an Advanced Reader Copy These advanced copies allow them to read the book before its publication date so their reviews can coincide with the book’s debut.
What can you do with advanced reader copies?
What To Do With the ARCs You Want to Unhaul
- Host an ARC Giveaway.
- Donate ARCs to a School or Shelter.
- Pass ARCs Onto a Friend Who May be Interested in the Story.
- Give Unwanted ARCs to Other Bloggers for Them to Review.
- Trade ARCs Using #BooksForTrade on Twitter.
Can you sell advanced reading copies?
If you’re wondering if it’s legal to put some ARCs you’ve been given up for sale, the short answer is yes.
Are proof copies worth anything?
To be fair, not every proof or advance reading copy of a book is going to be collectible. But as a general rule, if there is demand for the first edition – the earlier versions of a book will be collectible – and in some cases worth as much if not more than a first edition of the same book.
Are proof copies valuable?
Proof copies, if you follow your nose and are willing to take small risks, can be great investments–because even if the author doesn’t “hit” and the monetary values don’t go sky-high, you’ve still got a scarce, unusual, often textually significant version of the author’s work, and thus your collection is that much …
What does an advanced reader copy look like?
Typically, they were bound in plain paper covers without illustrations, printed in black and white, and significantly larger than their market book counterparts. In contrast, ARCs usually are printed in full color, and have bindings, format, and illustrations that are similar to those of the market book.
How can I get copies of books early?
How to Get Books Before They’re Published
- Attend Conferences/Exhibit Halls. This is the best way how to get books before they’re published.
- Edelweiss and NetGalley.
- Friends (Book Sellers, Bloggers, Publishing Employees, Authors, Librarians, Etc.)
- Get Published.
Where I can get free books?
12 places for thrifty bookworms to download the best free e-books
- Google eBookstore. The Google eBookstore offers an entire section of free e-books to download.
- Project Gutenberg. Project Gutenberg has of over 60,000 free e-books.
- Open Library.
- Internet Archive.
- Free eBooks.