How do you fix a Brother printer drum?
First, you will need to remove the old drum and replace it with the new one:
- Make sure that the printer is on and open the front cover.
- Remove the toner cartridge and drum unit from the machine.
- Push down the green lock lever and remove the toner cartridge from the drum unit.
- Unpack the new drum unit.
How do you change the drum on a Brother 7820n?
Replace the drum unit.
- Open the front cover and pull out the drum unit and toner cartridge assembly.
- Hold down the lock lever on the left and pull the toner cartridge out of the drum unit.
- Unpack the new drum unit.
- Reinstall the toner cartridge into the new drum unit.
Can a printer drum be repaired?
If you are experiencing laser printer problems, such as paper jams or splotchy printing, you may need to either repair or replace the drum. Troubleshoot the problem to confirm that the laser drum needs to be repaired. Open the print cartridge door and remove the print cartridge.
What happens if I don’t replace printer drum?
A degraded drum unit can cause streaks, smudges, and blank spots on your printed page even if you just inserted a new printer toner. While a broken drum unit won’t break your printer, it will just fail to stop printing at a certain point.
How long should a drum last in Brother printer?
The yield of a drum unit is approx. 15,000 pages (1 page/job). There are many factors that determine the actual drum life, such as the temperature, humidity, type of paper, type of toner used and so on. Under ideal conditions, the average drum life is estimated at approximately 15,000 pages.
How do I reset my Brother printer after replacing drum?
Reset the Drum Counter
- Close the front cover.
- Make sure the machine is turned on.
- Press. (Settings).
- Press All Settings. (This step might be skipped in some models.)
- Choose Machine Info. or Machine Information => Parts Life.
- Press and hold Drum or Drum Life until the machine’s display message changes.
- Press Yes.
How long do printer drums last?
Over time, the drum unit deteriorates and eventually needs to be replaced. Drum units typically last for 10,000 to 50,000 printed pages, depending on the quality of the printer and unit. Your printer will exhibit warning signs of the drum unit’s deterioration so you can replace it before it stops working.
Do I have to replace drum unit on Brother printer?
The Brother machine will display a ‘Replace Drum’ or ‘Drum Stop’ message when the machine has printed approximately 15,000 pages. The drums should be replaced as a set in order to maintain print quality. Unlike the toner cartridges, the drum change is not automatically detected by the machine when they are replaced.
How do you know when your printer drum needs replacing?
Separate drum units last quite a bit longer than a toner cartridge and typically should be replaced after the use of 3-4 toners. Your printer should inform you when it’s time to replace the drum, but you can usually tell your drum is on it’s last legs if you start to see black spots or lines across the page.
How do I know if my Brother printer needs a new drum?
The most obvious is most common on laser color printers and can be detected by a flashing message on the printer display screen. Other signs of a bad printer drum include printing blank pages, printing gray pages and strange sounds coming from the printer as it prints.
Why does my Brother printer keep telling me to replace the drum?