How do you reset a GE Profile oven?
Reset the electronic control. Turn the circuit breaker to the OFF position or remove the fuse. Wait one minute, then turn the circuit breaker back to the ON position or install the fuse to reset power to the unit. This should reset the electronic controls on the range or wall oven.
Where is the model number on a GE stove?
From the front of the range, reach behind the middle of the rear control panel and feel for a metal flag. Rotate the metal flag up to see the model label.
How do you turn on a GE convection oven?
GE Convection Oven User Manual
- CONMECmN. Use to bake like a normal oven using time and temperature.
- Press CONVECTION.
- Enter the desired oven temperature, between 250°F and 450°F.
- Enterthe cooking time using whole minutes.
- Press START/PAUSE to begin cooking.
- Press CONVECTION.
- NOTE: The metal tray may be very hot.
How does cook time work on an oven?
Time Bake (or Cook Time), Automatic Oven Timers, and Delay Bake (or Delay Time, Delay Start) are options designed for the busy person that cannot be tied down to being in the kitchen or at home at specific times to turn the oven on or off. These controls can be preset to start and stop your oven automatically.
How do I troubleshoot my GE Profile oven?
How to Troubleshoot a GE Electric Oven
- Make sure your GE electric oven controls are set for either bake or broil if the oven does not heat, but the burners do heat.
- Check the oven knobs and make sure they are in the right position if the device is not producing heat.
- Unplug your GE electric oven and check the fuse.
How do I read my GE serial number?
GE Appliance – How to Determine the Age or Manufacture Date Our serial numbers begin with two letters followed by six numbers. The two letters at the beginning of the serial number tell you the month and year it was made. Where is my model and serial number located? The first letter identifies the month.
Is cooking time the same in a convection oven?
Convection ovens cook food faster than conventional ovens. To cook in a convection oven, follow this easy formula: reduce the temperature by 25 degrees or reduce the cooking time by 25%. Some ovens today even offer convection conversion completely eliminating any guesswork!
Why is my electric oven not working?
Power Source If only one leg is voltage is shut down by a tripped breaker or a blown fuse, the oven will not power up. If a breaker is tripped or a fuse is blown, reset the breaker or replace the fuse and try turning on the oven once again. If the oven powers up, you have found your problem.