How much air should be in Harley rear shocks?
Low profile rear suspension recommended air pressures: FLHX (STREET GLIDE)
|Shock Load||Total Weight||Pressure|
|Rider with passenger weight of||up to 150 lbs (0-68 kg)||20-30 psi (138-207 kPa)|
|Rider with passenger weight of||over 150 lbs (over 68 kg)||25-35 psi (172-241 kPa)|
|Maximum GVWR||See Label||40-50 psi (276-345 kPa)|
Can you refill air suspension?
If the air suspension system is fully depleted of air it can be refilled using a scan tool and Air Suspension Refill Tool – 10247 which is used with a nitrogen supply tank (can be acquired at a local gas supplier). The nitrogen must be Purity Class 5 (99.999% pure).
How do you get air out of air shocks?
If you have high pressure shocks, then I suggest pushing the fill nipple with your fingernail. If they’re low pressure, then stick a toothpick, or, maybe a piece of uncooked spaghetti in the nipple to let the air out.
What is the air gauge on a Harley for?
Fat Guy on the Ultra The air temp gauge sensor is on the neck on the left side, so it picks up alot of ambient heat from the engine.
How much air do I put in my air shocks?
Two valves will fill one shock at a time. The proper pressure of an air shock should be between 35 and 75 PSI. If it is any lower than this, the shocks will need to be filled with air.
How do you troubleshoot air suspension?
How to Troubleshoot Air Suspension
- Air Leaks. Fill the water bottle with water and then put a few drops of soap in the bottle.
- Pressure Switch. Check the pressure switch in the air system.
- Testing the Compressor. Test the compressor for power if the pressure switch is working but the tank is not filling up with air.
How do I manually fill my air suspension?
How to Add Air to Air Shocks
- Check the current pressure of the air shocks. The shocks will have one or two check valves, usually placed near the rear of the vehicle.
- Fill the shocks with air. A portable compressor is great for this task.
- Deflate the shock, if overfilled.
How do you diagnose air suspension problems?
Symptoms of a Bad or Failing Air Suspension Air Compressor
- Vehicle riding lower than normal. One of the first and most common symptoms of a problem with the air suspension compressor is a noticeably lower vehicle ride height.
- Abnormal noises during operation.
- The compressor won’t come on.
How does a touring suspension air pump work?
Unlike a bicycle pump or a fuel station air hose, the hand operated pump with controllable “micro bleed” valve allows precise adjustment to air volume, and the “no loss” air connector maintains shock pressure when the fitting is removed. For use with Touring air suspension components. Let us know what you think. Write a review
What kind of air pump does a Harley Davidson use?
Unlike a bicycle pump or a fuel station air hose, the hand operated pump with controllable “micro bleed” valve allows precise adjustment to air volume, and the “no loss” air connector maintains shock pressure when the fitting is removed.
What do you need for a Harley air shock pump?
. . Only 4 left in stock – order soon. NOCO Boost Plus GB40 1000 Amp 12-Volt UltraSafe Lithium Jump Starter Box, Car Battery Booster Pack, Portable Power Bank Charger, and Jumper Cables For Up To 6-Liter Gasoline and 3-Liter Diesel Engines . . . .
Which is the best air suspension pump for mountain bikes?
Best Sellerin Bike Rear Shocks PRO BIKE TOOL Shock Pump for Mountain, Road Bikes and Motorcycle – High Pressure 300 Psi for Front Fork and Rear Bicycle Suspension Air Shocks – Anti-Leak Valve – T-Handle Design – Industrial Gauge 4.5 out of 5 stars2,555