What are the common endocrine disorders?
Common Endocrine Disorders
- Type 1 Diabetes.
- Addison’s Disease.
- Cushing’s Syndrome.
- Graves’ Disease.
- Hashimoto’s Thyroiditis.
What is the most common cause of endocrine disorders?
Stress, infection and changes in your blood’s fluid and electrolyte balance can also influence hormone levels. In the United States, the most common endocrine disease is diabetes. There are many others. They are usually treated by controlling how much hormone your body makes.
Do Endocrinologists treat female hormones?
An endocrinologist can help. Endocrinologists are medical doctors who specialize in diagnosing and treating health conditions related to problems with the body’s hormones, hormonal glands, and related tissues.
What are the 2 major types of endocrine disorder?
There are two major types of Endocrine disorders. These include: Endocrine disease due to a hormonal imbalance. Endocrine disease due to formation of lesions in the endocrine system.
What are the 5 hormones?
5 Important Hormones and How They Help You Function
- Insulin. The fat-storage hormone, insulin, is released by your pancreas and regulates many of your metabolic processes.
What are signs of endocrine problems?
Most common endocrine disorders are related to improper functioning of the pancreas and the pituitary, thyroid and adrenal glands….Common symptoms of diabetes
- Excessive thirst or hunger.
- Frequent urination.
- Nausea and vomiting.
- Unexplained weight loss or gain.
- Vision changes.
What is your largest endocrine gland?
Your pancreas (say: PAN-kree-us) is your largest endocrine gland and it’s found in your belly. The pancreas makes several hormones, including insulin (say: IN-suh-lin), which helps glucose (say: GLOO-kose), the sugar that’s in your blood, enter the cells of your body.
What are the four types of endocrine disorders?
Types of Endocrine Disorders
- Adrenal insufficiency. The adrenal gland releases too little of the hormone cortisol and sometimes, aldosterone.
- Cushing’s disease. Overproduction of a pituitary gland hormone leads to an overactive adrenal gland.
- Gigantism (acromegaly) and other growth hormone problems.