What is BMI calculation formula?
With the metric system, the formula for BMI is weight in kilograms divided by height in meters squared. Since height is commonly measured in centimeters, an alternate calculation formula, dividing the weight in kilograms by the height in centimeters squared, and then multiplying the result by 10,000, can be used.
How do I calculate my BMI commute?
BMI applies to both adult men and women and is the calculation of body weight in relation to height….Simple steps to work out your imperial BMI:
- Multiply your height in inches (in) by itself.
- Divide your weight in pounds (lbs) by your step 1 result.
- Multiply the result from step 2 by 703.
What is the 3 step calculation for finding a BMI?
Follow these steps to calculate your BMI:
- Convert your weight from pounds to kilograms. Your weight (in pounds) ÷ 2.2 = your weight (in kilograms).
- Convert your height from inches to meters. Your height (in inches) ÷ 39.37 = your height (in meters).
- Calculate your Body Mass Index.
How do you accurately calculate BMI?
To calculate your BMI, divide your weight in pounds by your height in inches squared, then multiply the results by a conversion factor of 703. For someone who is 5 feet 5 inches tall (65 inches) and weighs 150 pounds, the calculation would look like this: [150 ÷ (65)2] x 703 = 24.96.
How do I calculate BMI without a calculator?
How to Calculate Your Body Mass Index
- Multiply your height in inches times your height in inches.
- Divide your weight by the number you arrived at in Step 1.
- Multiply the number you came up with in Step 2 by 705. The result is your BMI.
What is a better measure than BMI?
Relative fat mass is a better measure of body fatness than many indices currently used in medicine and science, including the BMI.” To work out your BMI, you divide your weight in kilograms by your height in metres, then divide the answer by your height again.