What is the safest area of Chicago?
#1 Edison Park Is Calm and Quiet When it comes to the safe areas of Chicago, Edison Park is considered to be one of the best neighborhoods, with crime rates 77% lower than the city average. This quiet and calm place located in the north was named after one of the greatest American inventors – Thomas Alva Edison.
What is the safest city near Chicago?
According to the ranking from Safewise, a company that rates home security systems, the safest city in the state is Campton Hills, a village west of Chicago located in Kane County. This marked the third year in the row the city has topped the list, the company said. Our redesigned local news and weather app is live!
Where should you avoid living in Chicago?
The most dangerous neighborhoods of Chicago are:
- West Garfield Park. West Garfield Park is the most dangerous neighborhood in Chicago.
- Washington Park. Washington Park is the second most dangerous neighborhood in Chicago.
- East Garfield Park.
- North Lawndale.
- Grand Crossing.
- West Englewood.
What is the best area of Chicago to live in?
Here Are the Best Places to Live in Chicago
- Lakeview. Lakeview is situated right where you think it is, next to the lake.
- Lincoln Park. In this writer’s opinion, Lincoln Park is the best neighborhood to live in the city.
- Old Town.
- West Loop.
- Wicker Park.
Is Chicago Downtown safe at night?
Downtown Chicago is safer than most cities at night because it’s usually packed with pedestrians soaking up the dining and nightlife scene. Like in any big city, be aware of your surroundings, don’t walk in dark alleys by yourself, and make sure you know where you are going.
What is the best Chicago suburb to raise a family?
- Long Grove. Suburb of Chicago, IL. Rating 4.13 out of 5 15 reviews.
- Clarendon Hills. Suburb of Chicago, IL.
- Kildeer. Suburb of Chicago, IL.
- Kenilworth. Suburb of Chicago, IL.
- Buffalo Grove. Suburb of Chicago, IL.
- Western Springs. Suburb of Chicago, IL.
- Tower Lakes. Suburb of Chicago, IL.
- Hinsdale. Suburb of Chicago, IL.
What city has the highest crime rate in Illinois?
The top three most dangerous cities in Illinois are Mount Vernon, Danville, and Springfield. Mount Vernon has a high violent crime rate of 15.35 per one thousand residents, and a property crime rate of 52.06 per thousand.
Which side is the bad side of Chicago?
Most of Chicago’s most violent crimes and gang activity are located on the West and South sides of the city. In general, the further South and West you go, the more dangerous the neighborhood. That said, a few neighborhoods in South and West Chicago have benefitted greatly from gentrification.
What is the richest Chicago suburb?
The 10 Richest Suburbs in Chicago
- Oak Brook. Oak Brook, formerly known as Fullersburg, is 19 miles west of downtown Chicago.
- Highland Park. In Highland Park, over 55% of the households earn at least $100,000 while 28% make more than $200,000 in a year.
- Long Grove.
- Hawthorn Woods.
- Lake Forest.
What are the safest suburbs in Chicago?
Lake in The Hills (No. 7) and Bartlett (No. 9), both northwest suburbs of Chicago, were deemed safer than 90 percent of cities in the U.S, according to the report. Other Chicago suburbs on the list are: Buffalo Grove (No. 12), Wheaton (No. 32), Hanover Park (No. 37), Huntley (No.
What are the bad parts of Chicago?
Another of the dangerous places in Chicago is the area around the Howard Red Line Stop. Located at the city’s northern boundary with suburban Evanston, the Howard Red Line Stop and the surrounding streets, like its Red Line counterpart at Wilson, are infamous for gang-related activity.
What are the best areas to live in Chicago?
The best areas to stay in Chicago are the central areas of the Chicago Loop and the Magnificent Mile.
Where is the safest place to stay in Chicago?
For the most part, the areas most likely to appeal to tourists are also the safest. Many of Chicago’s top spots are within a few blocks of Lake Michigan’s shoreline, from Wrigley Field on the near North Side to McCormick Place on the near south.