Email marketing is an effective and affordable digital marketing channel. If you’re running an e-commerce business, it’s a channel you should look into. Besides marketing to your customers, you can track their interaction with your message. Find out more about email marketing for your e-commerce site.
What is Email Marketing?
Email marketing is, plainly put, when you send emails to potential customers. It can take various forms and has multiple benefits. One of these is the ability to track the interaction with your message. How does email tracking work? It uses metrics to show who opened the email and clicked on links. It can also show who ignored the messages and recipients who unsubscribed. These insights show you how to best engage with your audience, which types of promotions they prefer, and the best ways to communicate.
Why Use Email Marketing?
You may think that email is dead, but it’s, in fact, one of the most effective ways of communication. Almost everyone uses email so that you can get your message out to thousands of potential customers. 99% of email users check their inboxes every day, and most people prefer email as a form of communication with businesses. With email, you can send personalized messages to interested parties. It’s an easy and affordable method to engage your audience.
Email campaigns keep your audience engaged and create a sense of excitement. It has also been shown to improve brand loyalty. It can increase traffic to your e-commerce site and help drive sales. You have the ability to send the right messages at the right time. Email marketing campaigns are easy to set up, and you don’t need large teams of professionals to get you going.
Types of Email Campaigns
There are various campaigns you can use to engage your audience.
- Welcome email: when a new user signs up for your newsletter or makes their first purchase, you can send an email to welcome them.
- Newsletters: send business news to your audience with pictures and links for the recipient to click through to your website. Newsletters can include promotions, but you shouldn’t overdo them.
- Promotional emails: inform your recipients about promotions and provide discount codes when they visit your site. You can also offer special rewards for loyal customers.
- Birthday or anniversary messages: wish your recipients well on their birthdays or anniversaries. This is the perfect example of how you can customize your message to the recipient.
- Abandoned cart: if a customer adds items to their cart but doesn’t complete the transaction, you can send a reminder email to prompt them to complete the purchase.
Implementing a Campaign
When you start with your email campaign, you should keep a few things in mind. Ensure that you are consistent with the design and layout of the message. This will help recipients immediately identify your brand and create loyalty. Ensure that your email is easy to read on any device, as most people open their emails on mobile devices. The design should be eye-catching, true to your brand, and easy to read.
Be consistent with the timing of your messages. If your recipients start expecting your email at a specific time, they’ll look forward to receiving it. Send extra discounts and promotions to loyal customers regularly. Ensure you also notify your recipients of upcoming sales or other promotions to help them feel special.
Send emails in response to a customer’s actions. These are called behavioral messages and are highly customized to your recipient. Also, ensure that you have a referral program, which can help lead generation and build long-term relationships with potential customers.
When letting potential customers sign-up for emails, make the process easy and never send unwanted messages. This can damage your brand.
Email marketing is critical for a successful e-commerce business. It’s simple, affordable, and effective. There are a few aspects you should keep in mind, and if you struggle with starting the campaign, you can get professional help from a digital marketing expert. Since your business is based online, you can make the most of this digital marketing strategy.