How do I get a STCW certificate?
To obtain an STCW endorsement on the rating or license that you hold, you’ll need to meet the minimum requirements such as age, sea-service, training and onboard assessment. To receive STCW endorsements, you need to complete U.S. Coast Guard-approved maritime training courses that prove your competency.
What are the 4 basic STCW courses?
The STCW Basic Safety Training course includes
- Personal Survival Techniques (A-VI/1-1)
- Fire Fighting and Fire Prevention (A-VI/1-2)
- Elementary First Aid (A-VI/1-3)
- Personal Safety and Social Responsibility (A-VI/1-4)
- Proficiency in Security Awareness (A-VI/6-1)
What is STCW course certificate?
STCW stands for Standards of Training, Certification and Watchkeeping. It is a worldwide convention that ensures a lateral standard of training is achieved across all countries in the world.
Which institute is best for STCW course?
Castor Institute Of Marine and Engineeringn Education Pvt.
How long is STCW training?
The STCW Basic Safety Training qualification comprises five modules which take five days to complete. The modules are personal survival training, firefighting, first aid and CPR, personal safety and social responsibility, and proficiency in security awareness.
How long is STCW valid?
When the time comes to revalidate an expired seafarer certificate, a new replacement certificate will be issued for a period of five years from the original certificate expiry date.
How do I do STCW courses today?
- Open Google Chrome and type the website URL dgshipping.gov.in .
- Click on the Modular courses sub menu under E-Learning menu.
- When the website dgsstcw.aduacademy.in loads, a list of STCW Basic Modular Courses and STCW Advanced Modular courses can be seen in the STCW modular courses eLearning homepage.
What is the cost of STCW course?
NUSI MARITIME ACADEMY
|SECURITY TRAINING FOR SEAFARERS WITH DESIGNATED SECURITY DUTIES (DSD)
|ADVANCE FIRE FIGHTING (AFF)
|REFRESHER – AFF
|REFRESHER – PST/FPFF
How long is a STCW course?
This training is intended to ensure that seafarers are aware of the hazards of working on a vessel and can respond appropriately in an emergency. According to STCW, The STCW 2010 Code requires that you take this 5-day course of instruction.
Can I do STCW course online?
At STCW. online you can find a wide range of approved safety and security online courses for seafarers. If you have the App, you can download your course on your device and train, or even take your test at sea.