How do I restore a mirrored database?
- Script the restore of the latest full database backup.
- Script the restore of every transaction log backup that has been made after that full database backup.
- Copy the full database backup and transaction log backups to the mirror server.
- Run the restore scripts on the mirror server.
How do you manually fail over a database mirroring session?
To manually fail over database mirroring
- Connect to the principal server instance and, in the Object Explorer pane, click the server name to expand the server tree.
- Expand Databases, and select the database to be failed over.
- Right-click the database, select Tasks, and then click Mirror.
- Click Failover.
How do I delete a database from mirroring?
Right-click the database, select Tasks, and then click Mirror. This opens the Mirroring page of the Database Properties dialog box. In the Select a Page pane, click Mirroring. To remove mirroring, click Remove Mirroring.
How do I set up mirroring?
- Right click on the database and select Tasks>Mirror.
- Press the Configure Security button.
- The Configure Database Mirroring Security Wizard will be displayed.
- The first wizard will ask if you want a Witness.
- The next option will let you select where to save the security configuration.
How do I mirror a MySQL database?
How to Mirror a Database in Handy Backup Using the “MySQL” Plug-in
- Open Handy Backup. Create a new task by calling the New Task Wizard through a button or menu.
- On the Step 1, select a backup task and go to the Step 2.
- On the Step 2, double-click on the MySQL plug-in at the “Database” source group on the left.
How do I check my DB mirroring status?
To view the status of a database mirroring session Right-click the database, select Tasks, and then click Mirror. This opens the Mirroring page of the Database Properties dialog box.
Is database mirroring deprecated?
Database mirroring is a cost-effective and easy to configure high availability solution. Unfortunately, this feature has been deprecated, but still, some organizations use database mirroring as a high availability solution. The mirrored database must be fully synchronized with the principal database.
Is enabled for database mirroring database mirroring must be removed before you drop the database?
Database mirroring must be removed before you drop the database. You need to disable mirroring before deleting the database. Now the database mirroring is removed and you will be able to drop the database.
How do I get rid of mirroring?
To stop mirroring your iOS device, open Control Center, tap Screen Mirroring, then tap Stop Mirroring.
What are the prerequisites for database mirroring?
The Prerequisites to configure the database mirroring are:
- Principal and mirror instance must be running on SQL Server 2005 SP1 and later edition.
- SQL Server version and edition must be the same on the principal and mirror instance.
- Principal and mirror databases must have the same name and database collation.
Do you have to use full recovery model for mirroring database?
The database must use the full recovery model. For more information, see View or Change the Recovery Model of a Database (SQL Server) or sys.databases (Transact-SQL) and ALTER DATABASE (Transact-SQL). The name of the mirror database must be the same as the name of the principal database.
When does a mirror server take over the database?
In high-safety mode with automatic failover, once the database is synchronized, if the principal database becomes unavailable, an automatic failover occurs. An automatic failover causes the mirror server to take over the role of principal server and bring its copy of the database online as the principal database.
Do you need a disk drive to mirror a database?
The system where you plan to create the mirror database must possesses a disk drive with sufficient space to hold the mirror database. You cannot mirror the master, msdb, temp, or model system databases.
How is mirroring used in a disaster recovery solution?
Mirroring is typically used for a disaster recovery solution and/or for a reporting solution. Since the mirror database is in “norecovery” or “loading” state, user connections are not possible. However, we can create database snapshots on the mirrored database and use them for reporting.