How do you do multiple response crosstabs in SPSS?
Using the Multiple Responses
- Click in the menubar on Analyze.
- Click on Crosstabs.
- Click on the multiple response set and move it to the Row(s)
- Click on the variable you want to cross with and move it to the Column(s)
- Click on Define Ranges.
- Specify the range of codes for the values you want to show.
- Click on Continue.
How do you calculate crosstabs in SPSS?
Create a Crosstab in SPSS To create a crosstab, click Analyze > Descriptive Statistics > Crosstabs. A Row(s): One or more variables to use in the rows of the crosstab(s). You must enter at least one Row variable. B Column(s): One or more variables to use in the columns of the crosstab(s).
What is a Crosstab in SPSS?
Crosstabs in SPSS is just another name for contingency tables, which summarize the relationship between different variables of categorical data. The basic crosstabs in SPSS command gives you counts by default (in other words, you’ll get a frequency distribution table with counts).
What is multiple response set in SPSS?
Multiple response sets use multiple variables to record responses to questions where the respondent can give more than one answer. You can copy multiple response sets from other IBM SPSS Statistics data files using Copy Data Properties, which is accessed from the Data menu in the Data Editor window.
How do you do multiple responses in SPSS?
After setting up a multiple response set, you will be able to access the Multiple Response Frequencies option through the menus. To do this, click Analyze > Multiple Response > Frequencies. All multiple response sets you’ve defined during the current SPSS session will appear on the left.
How do you find the p value in chi square in SPSS?
Calculate and Interpret Chi Square in SPSS
- Click on Analyze -> Descriptive Statistics -> Crosstabs.
- Drag and drop (at least) one variable into the Row(s) box, and (at least) one into the Column(s) box.
- Click on Statistics, and select Chi-square.
- Press Continue, and then OK to do the chi square test.
What is a cross tabulation in SPSS?
Crosstabs in SPSS is just another name for contingency tables, which summarize the relationship between different variables of categorical data. Crosstabs can help you show the proportion of cases in subgroups.