How do you make a connection?
Ways to get students making connections
- Text to self: The connections readers make to their own knowledge and experiences.
- Text to text: The connections readers make to another story or book (even a movie or song!)
- Text to world: The connections readers make to the community and world around them.
What are the four steps of approaching a challenging text?
- Research. A text is challenging when there is too much technical or specific information in it.
- Scan. Read the text but take note of the important key points.
- Engage. Use the information you obtained through research to make sense of the key points in the text.
- Review and reflect.
How do you write a connection sentence?
Connecting Sentences with Commas and Semicolons
- Rule: Use a comma between two independent clauses when conjunctions such as and, or, but, for, nor connect them.
- Rule: If the clauses are short (your call), then leave out the comma.
- Rule: If you have only one clause (one subject and verb pair), you generally won’t need a comma in front of the conjunction.
What is the purpose of annotating?
Annotating text promotes student interest in reading and gives learners a focused purpose for writing. It supports readers’ ability to clarify and synthesize ideas, pose relevant questions, and capture analytical thinking about text.
How do you make reading passages fun?
Gather students together in groups to popcorn read each paragraph, changing the reader each time. Pause after each paragraph and have students ask one another comprehension questions to see who was paying attention! Is your reading passage so vivid that you can see it in your head? Then make it happen!
What three things can you do to help you engage with a text?
We have to make above mentioned three things to call attention to the text….There are several ways to call attention to the text on a web page.
- Underline the important text.
- Make Links a Different Colour.
- Making visual adjustments such as making text bold, making it italicized, making it ALL CAPS.