What are synonyms for persuade?
SYNONYMS FOR persuade 1 urge, influence, move, entice, impel.
What is the purpose of persuasive techniques?
Persuasive language techniques are used by authors to convince readers of their point of view, and to sway them to their point of view. Authors vary their persuasive techniques based upon audience, writing genre, and their own motives.
What is your persuasion means?
persuasion Add to list Share. Persuasion is something meant to get you to do or believe something. Being of a certain persuasion or belief, means you already have your mind made up, as a person who is of the Democratic persuasion or the Lutheran persuasion.
How do you persuade someone in an argument?
5 Clever Ways to Convince Someone (Without Being Dishonest)
- Ask them to share their thoughts.
- Match their type of reasoning — if they’re being emotional, appeal to their emotions; if they’re relying on logic, be logical.
- Get them to lower their guard with a genuine compliment.
- Pose a counter-argument (without making them defensive).
How do you use persuade in a sentence?
Persuade sentence example
- How did you persuade Mother to agree to this?
- He would not listen to anyone who tried to persuade him to stay at home.
- Now I will try to persuade you.
- He had the courage to step forward and take chances, and the ability to persuade others to follow.
What is persuade mean?
transitive verb. 1 : to move by argument, entreaty, or expostulation to a belief, position, or course of action.
How do you use convince?
Convince sentence example
- Yes, I need to convince her to accept me.
- None of them had been able to convince her to wait until the estate was settled.
- He might object to you, but I can convince him to take you.
- She tried hard to convince herself that she was misreading Wynn.