What do you teach in the first week of kindergarten?
The remaining days in the first week of kindergarten will consist of:
- Introducing & Practicing School Supplies.
- Name activities, name songs, and practicing writing first name (I use this website to create the name writing practice sheets.
- Introduce, read, & learn about colors.
- Introduce, read & learn about 2D shapes.
How do you write a 5 E lesson plan?
The lesson plan follows the 5E Lesson Plan model. The 5 Es are Engagement, Exploration, Explanation, Elaboration, and Evaluation. The plan uses poetry to enforce vocabulary, however, any reading passage can apply to this lesson plan.
How do you write a kindergarten lesson plan?
Steps to building your lesson plan
- Identify the objectives.
- Determine the needs of your students.
- Plan your resources and materials.
- Engage your students.
- Instruct and present information.
- Allow time for student practice.
- Ending the lesson.
- Evaluate the lesson.
What do you do on the first day of kindergarten?
10 Ways to Celebrate the First Day of Kindergarten
- Make a “Me Mural.” Doing this project together will help strengthen your child’s sense of self.
- Offer Ownership.
- Create a Launch Pad.
- Do a Dress Rehearsal.
- Build Confidence With Books.
- Envision the Future With a Customized Calendar.
- Play the Name Game.
How do I make the first day of kindergarten special?
Bake a special cupcake and serve it for breakfast. Take a photo in the same place every year starting with the first day of Kindergarten. Plan a school-themed lunch or dinner (alphabet soup etc.). Give your child a clip-on for their backpack.
What is five step lesson plan?
The five steps involved are the Anticipatory Set, Introduction of New Material, Guided Practice, Independent Practice and Closure.
What are the 4 A’s in lesson plan?
Choose a topic that you want the children in your class to learn and apply the 4-A’s of activating prior knowledge, acquiring new knowledge, applying the knowledge, and assessing the knowledge.
How do you teach virtual kindergarten?
Get Ready and Prepared
- Know thy kindergartner.
- Join a kindergarten teacher Facebook group.
- Keep an online classroom where everything is organized.
- Choose an online video conferencing program, if you are able.
- Try a threaded discussion chat.
- Have set office hours for kids to reach out to you.
What are the 5 parts of lesson plan?
The 5 Key Components Of A Lesson Plan
How do you welcome kindergarten on the first day?
8 Ways to Make Students Feel Welcome on First Day of School
- Assign seats before school starts.
- Use students’ names from day one.
- Don’t just introduce yourself.
- Give them something to commemorate the first day.
- Give students the tools they need.
- Emphasize what students can do, not what they can’t.
Are there lesson plans for the first week of kindergarten?
Kindergarten Lesson Plans Week 1 is HERE! I’ve been there! I know what it is like. You worked so HARD to get your classroom ready and now you are about to meet your new friends that will be with you all year. So how do you get started? For years, I have posted my Peek at my Week lesson plans and shared them with you all.
Is there a 5e lesson plan for kindergarten?
Here the students can participate in an extension or a different activity that either re … DOCX (292.18 KB) This lesson plan template is largely based on Lakenna Chitman-Booker’s book, The 5 E’s of Inquiry Based Science. It can be used at any grade level.
Where can I Find my Kindergarten lesson plan?
To see additional Lesson Plan Posts like this, click HERE. Early Finishers “I’m DONE!” Simply add your email to the box below and the file will be sent to your inbox. I want this! Subscribe to get this free file and our latest content by email.
How are science lessons taught in the 5E model?
Many of my science lessons are based upon and taught using the 5E lesson plan model: Engage, Explore, Explain, Elaborate, and Evaluate. This lesson plan model allows me to incorporate a variety of learning opportunities and strategies for students. With multiple learning experiences, students can gain new ideas