What type of word is tranquil?
adjective. free from commotion or tumult; peaceful; quiet; calm: a tranquil country place. free from or unaffected by disturbing emotions; unagitated; serene; placid: a tranquil life.
What is idiosyncrasy with example?
The definition of an idiosyncrasy is an unusual behavior, mannerism or reaction of a person or group of people. An example of idiosyncrasy is someone being allergic to air. A behavior or way of thinking that is characteristic of a person.
Is Tranquility good Destiny 2?
Tranquility. Sniper Rifles still dominate Crucible and they’ve just received a bump in damage for PVE. This makes snipers an excellent choice for your off-hand weapon. Out of all the snipers currently in the game, Beloved stands head and shoulders above others, and is often considered one of the best PVP sniper rifles.
What is the meaning of domestic tranquility?
Given the harsh uncertainties of our young nation, the phrase “insure domestic tranquility” was our founders’ commitment to preserve civil peace so that everyone could live their lives without fear of social strife. Yet domestic tranquility literally means “peace at home” – not just in our streets, but in our homes.
What does fastidiousness mean?
1a : showing or demanding excessive delicacy or care fastidious attention to detail— Robert Evett. b : reflecting a meticulous, sensitive, or demanding attitude fastidious workmanship. c : having high and often capricious standards : difficult to please critics …
What does ignominious mean?
1 : humiliating, degrading an ignominious defeat. 2 : deserving of shame or infamy : despicable. 3 : marked with or characterized by disgrace or shame : dishonorable.
How do you experience tranquility?
14 Tips for Tranquility
- Don’t worry about your self-image. We all have an image of ourselves, how we think we appear to others.
- Give up trying to find yourself.
- Celebrate your uniqueness.
- Create an environment of peace in your life.
- Stay aware of what generosity really is.
- Live now!
- Be aware of this moment in your life.
- Go slowly.
What does tranquility within you mean?
The noun tranquility means “a state of peace and quiet,” like the tranquility you feel at the shore of a quiet lake or inside a beautiful cathedral. Tranquility can also describe a person’s disposition. Make peace with yourself, your life, and the people who drive you crazy.
What is idiosyncratic communication?
Definition. Idiosyncratic language occurs when the child uses standard words or phrases in an unusual, but meaningful way (Volden & Lord, 1991). These unusual utterances include pedantic speech, in which the child uses overly specific details.
How do you find serenity and peace?
10 Ways To Find Serenity Now
- 1 of 11. Inner peace is easy to find when you’re fresh from, say, a silent mountaintop retreat.
- 2 of 11. Do the ho’oponopono.
- 3 of 11. Spritz a scent.
- 4 of 11. Smile when you’re stuck in traffic.
- 5 of 11. Plant something.
- 6 of 11. When your cat wakes up, rise and follow her lead.
- 7 of 11. Move your meditation outside.
- 8 of 11.
How do you use ignominy in a sentence?
1) He feared the ignominy of being exposed as a spy. 2) The Workers’ Coalition experienced the ignominy of total defeat in the last election. 3) The 1954 campaign ended in ignominy. 4) The Brockton and Rhode Island experiments ended in ignominy.
What is an example of tranquility?
Tranquility is defined as a state of peace or calm. An example of tranquility is sitting in a quiet meadow on a beautiful day.
Is being fastidious a good thing?
Fastidious is occasionally used as a compliment to describe someone whose attention to detail gives them good organizing abilities, but it is usually used as a disapproving term.