Where is the best place to be an au pair?
- Germany. Photo credit: Adrian Infernus via Unsplash.
- Australia. You may have heard of this working holiday thing, and if you have, you’re one step closer to understanding why Australia made it on to this list of top au pair destinations.
- United States.
- New Zealand.
Do au pairs get weekends off?
Au pairs follow the family schedule, so they may work on weekends and evenings. Au pairs get a full week-end off every month, from Friday night to Monday morning. Any hours that an au pair has responsibility for the children, even if she is sleeping, are considered work hours.
What should I write to my host family?
How to Write Your Host Family Letter
- Start with the basics.
- Be honest and genuine – they want to get to know the real you!
- Make sure your letter isn’t too short.
- End your letter by thanking your family for hosting you and letting them know how excited you are to meet them.
What questions should an au pair ask the family?
Au Pair questions to ask the Host Family
- Why do you want to host an Au Pair?
- What do you expect from me as an Au Pair?
- Have you hosted an Au Pair ever before?
- Could you tell my what my daily schedule would look like?
- How many children do you have?
- What are the children’s names?
- How old are the children?
What questions should I ask a host family?
Your Host Family
- What do you (the parents) do for a living?
- Where do you work and what are your work hours?
- What kinds of activities does your family do together?
- Would you say you are an active family?
- How do you spend your weekends or free time?
- Do you like sports, film, computers?
Where are the best au pairs from?
According to statistics from the online matching agency AuPair.com, the UK and the USA are at the top of the list of desired nationalities. However, many are looking for an Au-Pair from Spain, France or Italy. Additionally, Au-Pairs from Sweden, Denmark, Australia and Finland are also among the top 10.
How much do au pairs make in Spain?
In Spain, au pairs receive a minimum of 70 euros per week as pocket money from their host family. Board and lodging are free.
Can au pairs be married?
Do NOT get Married –Yep! It seems that we have had a few au pairs fall in love while here in the states and they simply cannot get married and stay on the program. If an au pair does indeed get married she will be removed from the program and she will be on her own to get home and will be without insurance.
What is the minimum wage for an au pair?
As a guideline, an inexperienced au pair working 20 hours or more per week can expect to earn around R50 – R60 per hour, whereas one working for 10 hours less can expect to earn roughly R60 – R75 per hour.
How would you introduce yourself to a potential host family?
Letter to the host family – 7 important tips for a successful letter
- Introduce yourself.
- Describe your childcare experience.
- Show interest and name your expectations.
- Give the host family reasons why it should decide for you.
- Always write the letter to the guest family by yourself.
- Talk to the host family personally.
How can an au pair make extra money?
Here are some ways for you to earn extra money as an au pair:
- Install Honey on your internet browser. Maybe not a way to directly earn money, but definitely a way to save money.
- Download Sweatcoin on your phone.
- Find a part-time job.
- Sell stuff you no longer use.
- Find work online.
- Teach a language.
Do au pairs make good money?
Au pairs must receive a weekly stipend from the host family that is at least $195.75 per week. The weekly au pair stipend is a minimum payment requirement and host families and au pairs are free to agree to compensation higher than this legally applicable minimum.
Can you pick your host family?
All host families are carefully chosen and vetted to ensure that your homestay will be safe and comfortable. However, there are a few more things that you have to consider when choosing your family. You will want to know about everyone living in the house and their interests.
What are the duties of an au pair?
Au Pair Responsibilities
- waking the children.
- dressing infants and toddlers.
- bathing and playing with the children.
- preparing meals for the children.
- looking after the children’s belongings.
- making the children’s beds and straightening their rooms.
- doing the children’s laundry.
Why should a family choose me as their au pair?
You should choose me as an au pair because you can absolutely rely on me. I am faithful and helpful. And I am a person who loves his work with children and who performs this work with great dedication, commitment and ambition. In my opinion rules are very important in dealing with children.