Why is French useful?
Some people choose French because it is spoken in so many countries. Others enjoy exploring the rich literary, historical and cultural traditions of the French-speaking world. French is the second most useful language in the world for business. Studying French makes you smarter.
Can French understand Spanish?
Yes they can. But not always to understand the full text. About 80% of Spanish/French words are cognates, but exact nuances of meaning have diverged over time. The structure/grammar is very similar.
Is Spanish GCSE easier than French?
Spanish is often considered to be easier to learn as it is slightly more similar in terms of grammar and pronunciation to English than French is but if is’t good at both, that isn’t really a factor.
Can I learn French on my own?
Contrary to what other people believe, learning French on your own is pretty achievable. With the right amount of motivation and commitment, a healthy learning habit, plus the right tools and method to guide you, yes you can teach yourself French.
What does Spanish and French have in common?
3. Lexical similarity. When the Spanish and French languages are compared in this way, they are said to have lexical similarity of 75 percent. One example to demonstrate the similarity in words between the two languages is the respective words for “country”.
What better Spanish or French?
While Spanish is a wonderful language and learning it comes with many benefits, none of the above is inherently true. Spanish grammar is sometimes simpler, and the accent is generally considered easier, but French gives English speakers a break in other areas, such as vocabulary.
How can I learn French in 30 days?
How to Learn French in 30 Days: An Adaptable Guide for Your Personal Language Goals
- Step 1: Define Your French Learning Goals.
- Step 2: Build Your Personal Reference Library.
- Step 3: Bookmark Pronunciation Resources.
- Step 4: Download Apps for On-the-go Learning.
- Step 5: Create Your Study Plan.
How many years does it take to learn French?
One year of French language learning in school (4 hours per week + 2 hours of homework + 2 hours of independent practice x 12 weeks x 2 semesters). Between 5-6.25 years to reach an intermediate French level. Dedicated independent study (1 hour per day). Approximately 3 years to achieve an intermediate level of French.
Can I become fluent in French in 3 months?
Here are some of his best tips for learning a language in three months:
- Speak the language out loud from day one.
- Learn practical phrases first.
- Forget about learning strict grammar.
- Practice by Skyping with a native speaker.
- Listen to local radio stations.
- Practice a one-minute introduction to yourself.
Is French spoken more than Spanish?
No. Although French is spoken in more countries worldwide, more people speak Spanish. Approximately 500m+ people in the world speak Spanish, whereas significantly less speak French in the world.
Can French and Spanish understand each other?
None of these languages are mutually intelligible with each other. However, when speaking slowly, Spanish speakers may be able to understand (Brazilian) Portuguese…
How can I learn French quickly?
Here are 10 tips to learn French fast:
- Watch films. Watching films in French with French subtitles is one of the best ways to learn.
- Learn with songs.
- Find a partner.
- Don’t be scared to try and make mistakes.
- Sign up for an intensive course.