How do you write a historical source analysis?
How to Write a 10/10 HSC Modern History Source Analysis
- Step 1: Figure out what the question is askingStep 2: Use an analysis checklist.
- Step 3: Determine the origin of the source.
- Step 4: Determine the motive behind the source.
- Step 5: Consider what content is presented in the source.
- Step 6: Consider the intended audience of the source.
What is historical source analysis?
Sources, i.e. records from and of the past, form the basis of historical research by providing historians with the evidence which enables them to make claims about the past.
What is an example of a historical source?
Historical sources include documents, artifacts, archaeological sites, features. oral transmissions, stone inscriptions, paintings, recorded sounds, images (photographs, motion picture), and oral history. Even ancient relics and ruins, broadly speaking, are historical sources.
What is the source of an essay?
A source is the place where you gained information used in your writing. A source can be a printed document, an online document, a speech, a quote or even a television or radio program. The best sources are those in which your reader can go back and verify for themselves the information you utilized.
How can you evaluate the validity of information from different media?
How to evaluate media materials
What are the sources of history and give examples?
Examples of Primary Sources
- archives and manuscript material.
- photographs, audio recordings, video recordings, films.
- journals, letters and diaries.
- published books, newspapers and magazine clippings published at the time.
- government publications.
- oral histories.