What are the main components and action of reciprocating pump?
MAIN COMPONENTS OF THE RECIPROCATING PUMP- • Cylinder with a piston, piston rod, connecting rod, crank. Suction pipe. Delivery pipe • Suction, delivery valve.
Which of the following is not a component part of the reciprocating pump?
It includes a piston pump, plunger and a diaphragm pump. It has a long life. Turbine blades are not an example of the reciprocating pump. Explanation: The main function of the pump is to transfer and convert mechanical energy of a motor into pressure energy and kinetic energy.
What is the working principle of a reciprocating pump?
The reciprocating pump works on the principle of positive displacement. A reciprocating piston pump consists of a piston that moves back and forth in a cylinder. The piston is connected with a crankshaft with the help of a connecting rod. This piston moves as the connecting rod move due to the motion of the crankshaft.
What are the various component parts of reciprocating pump * pump cylinder plunger flywheel all of the above?
The main parts of a reciprocating pump is as follows:
- A cylinder with piston, piston rod, connecting rod and a crank.
- Suction pipe,
- Delivery pipe,
- Suction valve,
- Delivery valve and.
- Air vessel.
What are the applications of reciprocating pump?
Applications of Reciprocating Pump:
- It is used in vehicle washing centers.
- It is used in small hand-operated pumps such as cycle pumps, football pumps, etc.
- It is used as an important part of the hydraulic jack.
- It is commonly used in gas industries.
- It is also used in oil refineries.
What are the types of reciprocating pump?
There are three types of mechanism defined reciprocating pumps: piston, plunger and diaphragm or bellows. Valves at each end of the volume alternately close and open to isolate the higher pressure volume from the suction on the compression stroke and the higher pressure discharge from the volume on the return stroke.
What are the four 4 types of rotary pumps and two 2 types of reciprocating pumps?
There are four common types of reciprocating pumps – power pumps, power diaphragm pumps, air-operated pumps and air-operated piston pumps. Power pumps convert a rotary motion into reciprocating motion that can develop more than 40,000 psi discharge pressure or deliver more than 4,000 gpm.
Which motor is used in reciprocating pump?
Reciprocating pump driven by the induction motor delivers feed water at a pressure of 60–69 bars to the membrane unit.
What are the types of pumps?
Classification of Pumps
- Dynamic. Centrifugal pumps. Vertical centrifugal pumps. Horizontal centrifugal pumps. Submersible pumps. Fire hydrant systems.
- Positive Displacement. Diaphragm pumps. Gear pumps. Peristaltic Pumps. Lobe pumps. Piston Pumps.
What are the advantages and disadvantages of reciprocating pumps?
1) Reciprocating pump can deliver the required flow rate very precisely. 2) It gives a continuous rate of discharge. 3) It can deliver fluid at very high pressure. 4) No priming is needed in the reciprocating pump.
What are the 4 types of pumps?
Types of Pumps
- 1). Centrifugal Pumps. These types of pumps are most commonly used worldwide.
- 2). Vertical Centrifugal Pumps.
- 3). Horizontal Centrifugal Pumps.
- 4). Submersible Pumps.
- 5). Fire Hydrant Systems.
- 1). Diaphragm Pumps.
- 2). Gear Pumps.
- 3). Peristaltic Pumps.
What are the four types of pumps?
Pumps can be classified by their method of displacement into positive-displacement pumps, impulse pumps, velocity pumps, gravity pumps, steam pumps and valveless pumps. There are three basic types of pumps: positive-displacement, centrifugal and axial-flow pumps.
What kind of cylinder is a reciprocating pump made of?
A hollow cylinder made of steel alloy or cast iron. Arrangement of piston and piston rod is inside this cylinder. Suction and release of liquid is takes place in this so, both suction and delivery pipes along with valves are connected to this cylinder.
How does a single acting reciprocating pump work?
1. Single Acting Reciprocating Pump In this pump, A cylinder, in which a piston moves forward and backward. The piston is reciprocating by means of the connecting rod. The connecting rod connects the piston and the rotating crank. The crank is rotating by means of an electric motor.
Where is the suction valve on a reciprocating pump?
The suction valve is a non-return valve which means the only one-directional flow is possible in this type of valve. This is placed between the suction pipe inlet and the cylinder.
What makes a single cylinder pump a triple cylinder pump?
Triple cylinder pump. As the name itself “single” that means there is only one suction and deliver valve, suction and delivery pipe. The fluid sucks only in one direction that is suction stroke and it delivers that is called deliver stroke. Here It has two suction and delivers valve, suction and delivery pipe.