What is being done to prevent skin cancer?
Wear clothing that covers your arms and legs. Wear a hat with a wide brim to shade your face, head, ears, and neck. Wear sunglasses that wrap around and block both UVA and UVB rays. Use a broad spectrum sunscreen with a sun protection factor (SPF) of 15 or higher.
How effective is the sunsmart program?
A proven track record in preventing cancer and saving lives – it is estimated to have prevented more than 43,000 skin cancers and 1,400 deaths from the disease in Victoria between 1988 and 2011.
What are some sun safety campaigns?
The campaign is widely credited as playing a key role in the dramatic shift in sun protection attitudes and behaviour over the past two decades. In 2007, the slogan was updated to Slip, Slop, Slap, Seek, Slide to reflect the importance of seeking shade and sliding on wraparound sunglasses to prevent sun damage.
Which is the best product to prevent skin cancer?
7 Great Products That Help Prevent Skin Cancer
- Chemical Sunscreen. Chemical sunscreens with SPF are available as lotions, creams, sprays and sticks.
- Physical Sunblock. Physical sunblocks are typically available in very thick creams.
- Lip Balm.
- Hair and Scalp Sunscreen.
- UPF Clothing.
What are three ways to protect yourself from skin cancer?
Skin Cancer Prevention
- Seek the shade, especially between 10 AM and 4 PM.
- Don’t get sunburned.
- Avoid tanning, and never use UV tanning beds.
- Cover up with clothing, including a broad-brimmed hat and UV-blocking sunglasses.
- Use a broad-spectrum (UVA/UVB) sunscreen with an SPF of 15 or higher every day.
What vitamins help fight skin cancer?
Vitamins C, E and A, zinc, selenium, beta carotene (carotenoids), omega-3 fatty acids, lycopene and polyphenols are among the antioxidants many dermatologists recommend including in your diet to help prevent skin cancer.
What are the seven SunSmart program recommendations?
One example is an adaptation of the action song, The Seven Steps with each step being a SunSmart action: put on protective clothing, put on a hat, apply sunscreen, put on sunglasses, find some shade and play.
Who is Slip Slop Slap aimed at?
5 For example, the ‘Slip Slop Slap’ message aimed at young children and their families was given wide exposure across the mass media throughout the 1980s and 1990s and became synonymous with sun protection in Australia.
What are the 5 S for SunSmart?
just 5 simple sun safe measures: Slip, Slop, Slap, Slide, Shade…
- A child’s delicate skin can burn within minutes causing.
- Do you know your facts about Sunscreen?
- Did you know that the snow reflects up to 80% of sun.
- Is your child’s school or pre-school Sun Safe?
- Do you work outdoors?